David Wynne Sculpture
Stoodley Pike
Stoodley Pike

The original Stoodley Pike is a large stone monument located between Todmorden and Hebden Bridge, and was built in 1856 to commemorate the end of the Crimean War.

The sculpture is a scale model of the original, and includes a cut-away section to reveal the inner spiral staircase leading to the stone balcony. Like the original, there are 39 steps in all.

It is located on Halifax Road approaching Todmorden, and is way-marker for the Calder Valley Cycle Way.

The sculpture was cast in molten steel by Weir Minerals Europe Ltd at their Todmorden foundry.

Next
Prev
Home
Reach Beyond
Three Witches
Singers
Lucky Dog
Charcoal Heads
Charcoal Figures
Stoneware
Gecko
Stoodley Pike
Giraffe
Colour Figures
Photography
Contact